Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pain vs Discomfort

I spend a great amount of time sitting in front of a computer for work. Because of that I have found that my body is in revolt - I have upper back strain from looking up and down (up to the monitor and down to write things, look at papers, etc.). I also have lower back problems. I call them problems because they lead to definite discomfort but is it really pain or is just uncomfortable. I know that I have a fairly low tolerance for pain and that might lead me to lean more towards the side of pain, but really if I can get up and walk, play with the kids, hold my wife's hand - I will choose to count those all as blessings.

As author and speaker Jon Gordon has suggested: "cultivate an attitude of gratitude" and "remember, you are too blessed to be stressed".

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment